Click to download a PDF: Jennifer Bush Resume
SR TECHNICAL WRITER, LASSELLE-RAMSAY AT GOOGLE 2014-PRESENT
As part of Google for Work, define requirements and write copy for Google Apps setup site. My group is responsible for documentation to improve customer experience during their trial period, ensuring customers are able to setup and deploy Google Apps in their organization.
COPYWRITER & CONTENT STRATEGIST, HOUZZ 2013-2014
Houzz is a community built to connect homeowners and home remodeling professionals. The site boasts more than 4 million professional photos, over 20 million monthly visitors and a top-rated mobile app.
- Author copy throughout the site, including instructional text, error messages, and emails to customers.
- Work with growth team on initiatives to grow both the homeowner and professional user base and increase conversion rates.
- Define the Houzz voice, and ensure consistency throughout the site.
- Work with visual designers on new feature implementation, assisting with product definition, interaction design and information architecture.
- Write marketing copy, including emails and convention collateral.
Blogger, published essayist, and speaker.
- Maintain personal blog and contribute regularly to other blogs.
- Published essays in several anthologies, including a 2013 Chicken Soup for the Soul.
- Cast member, Listen to Your Mother San Francisco, 2013.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, PRESTO SERVICES 2006-2007
The Presto Printing Mailbox is a consumer electronics device that allows users to receive printed email, photos and web content without a computer.
- Defined and prioritized features for device and companion website, including user experience from out-of-box through set up and daily use.
- Collaborated with HP to write and design the user manual and quick start guide.
- Authored product specifications for engineers and designers.
- Managed the project team responsible for acquiring, editing and producing content, including the development of a content management system. Sourced content from external partners including the Wall Street Journal, Zap2It and Tribune Media Services.
PROGRAM MANAGER, MICROSOFT TV IPTV EDITION 2004-2006
Microsoft’s IPTV, distributed in the United States as AT&T U-Verse, delivers broadcast television to consumers through the Internet.
- Managed the design and implementation of the user experience for the first release to customers.
- Within a scrum development environment, acted as Scrum Master for a team of engineers, testers,designers and usability professionals to define and track monthly deliverables.
- Specified complex features like international parental controls and whole-home DVR, as well as telecom-specific customization efforts. Partners included Swisscom and British Telecom.
PROGRAM MANAGER, DANGER, INC. 2002-2004
Program Manager for the launch of the hiptop, one of the world’s first smart phones, sold in the United States as the T-Mobile Sidekick.
- Worked with product management, design, and client and service engineering to develop product features, including an innovative app store.
- Trained and managed an additional program manager.
- Worked with partners to implement and meet external specifications for features like AOL InstantMessenger and Yahoo! Mail.
LEAD PROGRAM MANAGER, MICROSOFT ULTIMATETV 1999-2002
- Managing a team of program managers and interns, I led software development and user interface design for the initial product launch and subsequent software upgrades of UltimateTV, a DirecTV DVR set top box.
- Educated management and development teams on DirecTV’s extensive technical specification and testing process, and negotiated feature requirements with DirecTV.
- Authored the comprehensive User Interface Specification which was used by engineering and QA teams at Microsoft, by an outside testing contractor and by DirecTV.
Yale School of Management, MBA, 1999
Dual emphasis in Leadership and Marketing
Research Assistant for Professor Sigal Barsade (Organizational Behavior)
University of California, Berkeley, 1994
Degrees in Mass Communications and Sociology, Phi Beta Kappa